Welcome To Woodbridge School Prep
The Prep is an integral part of Woodbridge School and both a seamless choice for existing Pre-prep families as well as an exciting new adventure for a substantial number of parents and children new to our community.
We recognise and celebrate that your child is using the foundation from those vital early years as a stepping stone to finding themselves as individuals and we structure each day around our core belief in the value of encouraging them to be intellectually curious and independently minded as they navigate towards new horizons.
At the same time, we understand that individuality comes through and is expressed best in a strong sense of community where mutual support, acceptance of mistakes and shared joy in achievement help every child to feel safe and valued.
I hope the information that follows gives you an insight into our exciting, caring community, but please don’t just take our word for it. We would be delighted to show you more and urge you to visit in order that you can see and feel our atmosphere for yourselves. I look forward to discussing with you about how we might work together in the best possible interests of your child.
Head of Woodbridge School Prep
Find out what The Prep offers in activities, clubs, foreign travel, music sport and more. more…
- “Stop our son growing older, then he can stay at The Abbey forever!!!”
- “We have been incredibly pleased with the excellent progress our daughter has made under [her class teacher], who I have to say has been one of the finest teachers we have dealt with…We have nothing but praise for the excellent education and pastoral care we have consistently received at both Queen’s and The Abbey for which I thank you.”
- "Our children have both flourished as a result of the inspiring teaching and can-do atmosphere that has derived from your leadership of the school…The annual school play continues to stun audiences no matter how high their natural expectations. The educational benefits are extraordinary. We have seen our children, and their friends, mature significantly in a matter of weeks through the rehearsal period. They have developed a keen sense of mutual responsibility, the ability to deal with mistakes on the fly, and to do so without supervision, in the full glare of public scrutiny…Thanks to The Abbey, Ella and Fynn walk tall.”
- “Our daughter has had a very happy 4 years and has become more confident academically and most importantly has discovered the enjoyment of learning…All the sport has been fantastic…she has loved the team games and they have given her so much confidence...I wanted to thank you for the very special time our children have had under your guidance.”
- “Thank you so much for all the help and guidance that you have given our daughter over her 4 years at The Abbey. She has loved it and has developed into a young lady of whom we are extremely proud. It has been the best school choice we could have made.”
- “My wife and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the wonderful care you have given all of our children at The Abbey. Nothing has ever been too much trouble for you. It is this sort of care which has made so much difference to our children’s lives and our own.”
- “Our son is using his new found confidence reading aloud (thanks to The Abbey) to perform a poem…Thank you – your hard work building his confidence has had spectacular results.”
- “Thank you so much again for being a brilliant and accessible head!!!”
- “It has been a huge privilege to have two of our children at The Abbey. The head and his staff have been wonderful, and have given us everything that we had hoped for and expected and more.”
- “I just wanted you to know that the shy little girl who arrived at your school and who would not attend the interview without her mother being present has just won a double scholarship. Her time at The Abbey was so instrumental to providing her with the skills that have resulted in these awards.”