The Old Woodbridgian Society began on a formal basis in the early part of the 20th century, with the earliest record of the first President being in the school magazine, ‘The Woodbridgian,’ printed in 1911. The aim of the Society was to provide opportunities for former students to stay in touch after they had left school.
More recently, the Old Woodbridgian Society has been operated independently from the School with a great deal of success by our past presidents, such as Ken Bailey and David Houchell, as well as those that filled officer posts on the committee. With years of driven support from their Registrar, Michael Weaver, their collective leadership saw the annual OW Dinner and annual Old Woodbridgian Magazine thrive, living up to their motto of ‘Bringing Old Woodbridgians Together’.
Today we are in a different era; one where people are much better connected, with instant messaging and social networking. With most of us already linked up through one or two degrees of separation, we don’t really need to continue ‘Bringing Old Woodbridgians Together’ any more. Instead we are focusing on ‘Keeping Woodbridgians Together’.