Welcome To The Abbey
A very warm welcome to what we believe is a truly exciting and stimulating learning environment for children. At The Abbey, we value childhood and are determined to do all we can to ensure that each and every pupil in our school feels valued and supported, both in and out of the classroom. Our approach to teaching and learning is heavily influenced by the work of Sir Ken Robinson, Professor Guy Claxton and other leading educationalists who have recognised that the role of schools in the 21st Century is to properly equip children with the range of skills and capacities they are going to need, not simply to survive in the future, but to really thrive.
I would love the opportunity to show you how we achieve this at The Abbey. Please accept this personal invitation from me to visit the school and see for yourself the extraordinary learning journeys that are going on all around us in Woodbridge’s secret garden!
With best wishes.
John Brett MA Head of The Abbey
Find out what The Abbey offers in activities, clubs, foreign travel, music sport and more. more…
- “Stop our son growing older, then he can stay at The Abbey forever!!!”
- “We have been incredibly pleased with the excellent progress our daughter has made under [her class teacher], who I have to say has been one of the finest teachers we have dealt with…We have nothing but praise for the excellent education and pastoral care we have consistently received at both Queen’s and The Abbey for which I thank you.”
- "Our children have both flourished as a result of the inspiring teaching and can-do atmosphere that has derived from your leadership of the school…The annual school play continues to stun audiences no matter how high their natural expectations. The educational benefits are extraordinary. We have seen our children, and their friends, mature significantly in a matter of weeks through the rehearsal period. They have developed a keen sense of mutual responsibility, the ability to deal with mistakes on the fly, and to do so without supervision, in the full glare of public scrutiny…Thanks to The Abbey, Ella and Fynn walk tall.”
- “Our daughter has had a very happy 4 years and has become more confident academically and most importantly has discovered the enjoyment of learning…All the sport has been fantastic…she has loved the team games and they have given her so much confidence...I wanted to thank you for the very special time our children have had under your guidance.”
- “Thank you so much for all the help and guidance that you have given our daughter over her 4 years at The Abbey. She has loved it and has developed into a young lady of whom we are extremely proud. It has been the best school choice we could have made.”
- “My wife and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the wonderful care you have given all of our children at The Abbey. Nothing has ever been too much trouble for you. It is this sort of care which has made so much difference to our children’s lives and our own.”
- “Our son is using his new found confidence reading aloud (thanks to The Abbey) to perform a poem…Thank you – your hard work building his confidence has had spectacular results.”
- “Thank you so much again for being a brilliant and accessible head!!!”
- “It has been a huge privilege to have two of our children at The Abbey. The head and his staff have been wonderful, and have given us everything that we had hoped for and expected and more.”
- “I just wanted you to know that the shy little girl who arrived at your school and who would not attend the interview without her mother being present has just won a double scholarship. Her time at The Abbey was so instrumental to providing her with the skills that have resulted in these awards.”