2017 A Level results
- 83.8% achieved A*-C grades
- 98.4% achieved A*-E grades
- Nearly 40% of candidates secured the equivalent of three A grades at A level, and a further 24% gained at least one A or A* grade.
Details of all 2017 results are available on request. For more information, take a look at the documents below for a detailed summary of our A Level results:
Woodbridge is one of 68 leading independent schools who do not submit results to league tables. There are many reasons for this:
- League tables encourage the deselection of young people at key points in their education. Woodbridge believes in opportunity for all.
- League tables award the same points for all subjects. Mathematics, the sciences, modern foreign languages, which many of our candidates study, are up to two grades more difficult than media studies, health and social science.
- League tables encourage schools to force feed pupils an unnecessary number of A levels to boost a school’s points score. There are very few university courses that ask for four A levels, and none that count general studies.