2018 A Level results
- 68% achieved A*-B grades
- 98% achieved A*-E grades
- Nearly 90% of all grades were A* to C
- Over half of pupils achieved at least one A grade and a quarter at least two
- Art, Computing, Design, Drama and Classical Civilisation all achieved 100% A*/B results
- Further Mathematics achieved 67% A*/ A results, with Mathematics achieving 92% A*/B results
- English Literature, French and Spanish achieved 83% A*/B results
For our A Level Results Special Edition please click here.
3-YEAR CUMULATIVE EXAMINATION RESULTS BY SUBJECT
Further details of A Level results are available on request.
Woodbridge is one of 68 leading independent schools who do not submit results to league tables. There are many reasons for this:
- League tables encourage the deselection of young people at key points in their education. Woodbridge believes in opportunity for all.
- League tables award the same points for all subjects. Mathematics, the sciences, modern foreign languages, which many of our candidates study, are up to two grades more difficult than media studies, health and social science.
- League tables encourage schools to force feed pupils an unnecessary number of A levels to boost a school’s points score. There are very few university courses that ask for four A levels, and none that count general studies.