Students in Years 12 & 13 studying separate sciences will have the opportunity to view five interactive and engaging online Biology In Action sessions from The Training Partnership during December, delivered by renowned scientists and communicators. Sure to inspire and motivate students, the sessions will involve demonstrations as well as audience participation, providing them with the chance to continue to discover the wonders of science and hear exam success advice from real experts in their field.
The programme and speakers have been confirmed as follows:
- Exploring the wonders of the deep – Helen Scales, Marine biologist, writer and broadcaster
- Can you smell what I smell? How the nose knows – Darren Logan, Head of Research, Waltham Petcare Science Institute
- Ageless: The new science of getting older without getting old – Andrew Steele, Scientist, author and presenter
- Who do you think you are? - Chris Willmott, University of Leicester, Senior Lecturer in Biochemistry
- Everest Lab – Greg Foot, Science presenter and communicator
More information can be found here, ahead of the sessions https://thetrainingpartnership.org.uk/study-day/biology-in-action-7-12-2021/