Welcome to Queen’s House – a solid foundation for learning and fun
A very warm welcome to Queen’s House, where the learning journey begins! We know how important these first tentative steps are in a child’s development and have designed our EYFS and Key Stage 1 programmes to give our young charges the best possible start to their school careers.
At Queen’s House, we are able to offer a tailored approach to your son or daughter’s early school days according to their needs. We recognise that children learn in different ways and at different paces, and we adapt our curriculum accordingly.
Our aim in these crucial first few years of school, is to promote confidence, creativity, happiness and a strong platform on which to build key learning skills for the children’s futures.
I would welcome the opportunity to show you round Queen’s House so you can see for yourself what a vibrant and happy family we are.
With best wishes.
John Brett MA Head of Queen’s House
Extra-Curricular activity at Queen’s House is key to School life. Find out more here. more…
- We are delighted to announce Nicola Mitchell as our new Head of The Abbey & Queen’s House from September 2017. Nicola is currently Deputy Head at Orley Farm School, a large prep school in North London, where she was previously Deputy Head (Academic) and Head of Pre-prep. Before that she taught at Edge Grove School where she was, at various times, Head of Geography, Head of Girls’ Games and Director of Studies.We were impressed with Nicola’s range of experience with a particularly strong focus on excellence in teaching and learning. She has a clear vision for education which is nurturing, challenging and rounded and she was able to demonstrate a dynamic track record of leadership and management, ensuring that change was managed purposefully but sensitively. However, it was her clear pupil centred approach, focusing on the welfare and success of every child, that made her stand out from the large pool of candidates who applied for the job. She was very clear that every decision must be determined by the best interests of the children.Nicola has three children, all of whom will be at either Woodbridge Senior School or The Abbey. She is a keen sportswoman (horse riding, skiing and swimming) and has recently learnt to play chess!I am sure we all look forward to welcoming her and her family to the Woodbridge community in the near future.
New Head of The Abbey & Queen’s House
- “Thank you for giving [our son] the opportunity to discover and learn, to have fun, to explore, to play, to find himself once again – and know that he can trust and be trusted, enjoy and be enjoyed,smile and find contentment.”
- “[Our daughter] has loved her year at Queen’s House and I can’t thank you enough for all your care, patience and understanding. Many, many thanks.”
- “Thank you for such a fabulous start to school life. We feel very lucky and privileged to have gone to Queen’s House. You are all GREAT.”
- “Thank you ‘Team Queen’s’!! [Our son] has thrived and loved it! We will miss you all.”
- “Thank you all for the love, kindness and guidance given to my boys!”
- “Many thanks for giving [our daughter] a great start to school life! She has loved every minute!”
- “Thank you so much for taking care of [our son]. Words are never enough! We’ll all miss you.”
- “Wow, what a fab three years. Thank you so much for all you have done with [our daughter].”
- “ I cannot thank you all enough for what you have achieved this year with [our sons]. TRULY AMAZING!! THANK YOU.”