Welcome to Queen’s House
We understand the extraordinary trust parents place in our safe, nurturing environment and we work hard every day to ensure that those under our care are consistently encouraged to seek out adventure, rise to challenges, accept the value of mistakes, and enjoy achievement.
Above all, we see ourselves as a family, with all the vibrancy, support and close community that suggests. During their time with us, your sons and daughters will develop confidence in the value of their innate curiosity and find a passion for learning; so vital to success and happiness in our modern world.
I hope the information that follows gives you an insight into our exciting, caring community, but please don’t just take our word for it. We would be delighted to show you more and urge you to visit in order that you can see and feel our atmosphere for yourselves. I hope that we may be able to discuss how we might work together in the best possible interests of your child.
Head of The Abbey and Queen’s House
Extra-Curricular activity at Queen’s House is key to School life. Find out more here. more…
- We are delighted to announce Nicola Mitchell as our new Head of The Abbey & Queen’s House from September 2017. Nicola is currently Deputy Head at Orley Farm School, a large prep school in North London, where she was previously Deputy Head (Academic) and Head of Pre-prep. Before that she taught at Edge Grove School where she was, at various times, Head of Geography, Head of Girls’ Games and Director of Studies.
We were impressed with Nicola’s range of experience with a particularly strong focus on excellence in teaching and learning. She has a clear vision for education which is nurturing, challenging and rounded and she was able to demonstrate a dynamic track record of leadership and management, ensuring that change was managed purposefully but sensitively. However, it was her clear pupil centred approach, focusing on the welfare and success of every child, that made her stand out from the large pool of candidates who applied for the job. She was very clear that every decision must be determined by the best interests of the children.
Nicola has three children, all of whom will be at either Woodbridge Senior School or The Abbey. She is a keen sportswoman (horse riding, skiing and swimming) and has recently learnt to play chess!
I am sure we all look forward to welcoming her and her family to the Woodbridge community in the near future.
New Head of The Abbey & Queen’s House
- “Thank you for giving [our son] the opportunity to discover and learn, to have fun, to explore, to play, to find himself once again – and know that he can trust and be trusted, enjoy and be enjoyed,smile and find contentment.”
- “[Our daughter] has loved her year at Queen’s House and I can’t thank you enough for all your care, patience and understanding. Many, many thanks.”
- “Thank you for such a fabulous start to school life. We feel very lucky and privileged to have gone to Queen’s House. You are all GREAT.”
- “Thank you ‘Team Queen’s’!! [Our son] has thrived and loved it! We will miss you all.”
- “Thank you all for the love, kindness and guidance given to my boys!”
- “Many thanks for giving [our daughter] a great start to school life! She has loved every minute!”
- “Thank you so much for taking care of [our son]. Words are never enough! We’ll all miss you.”
- “Wow, what a fab three years. Thank you so much for all you have done with [our daughter].”
- “ I cannot thank you all enough for what you have achieved this year with [our sons]. TRULY AMAZING!! THANK YOU.”