The school offers an extensive range of extra-curricular activities which take place before school, at lunchtime and after school.
The great benefit of such activities is that they provide opportunities for pupils to extend their existing skills or knowledge and to try something new, thus developing the child’s self confidence and ability to succeed.
List of Activities (these may vary slightly from term to term)
- Art and Craft
- Art and Design
- Ballet and Tap classes
- Brain Train
- Chess clubs including a girls’ chess club, mixed club for beginners and new players, mixed club for advanced players, squad training clubs
- Cookery Club
- Early morning swimming clubs all year round
- Extra sports: these will vary each term depending on the time of year but include rugby, cricket for boys, cricket for girls, football, hockey for boys, hockey for girls, netball, athletics, rounders
- Outdoor classroom club ( for example leaf collecting, forest floor puzzles, mini beast identification and woodland art)
- Gardening and wildlife
- Jewellery Making
- LAMDA clubs for Years 3 & 4 and for Years 5 & 6 with the opportunity to work towards annual LAMDA exams, held at Woodbridge Prep,(a LAMDA examination centre), and towards festivals of performing arts.
- Music groups including: Recorder Group and Recorder Consort, Chapel Choir, Chamber Ensemble, Stringles, Woodwind and Brass, junior and senior choirs
- Pond dipping
- Skiing: an annual ski trip for all abilities to the Stubai Glacier in Austria
- Tennis all year round
- Touch Typing