Reports & Results
2020 A Level Results
Out of 77 A-Level students in total:
- 24.8% achieved A*
- 54.5% achieved A*- A
- 79.8% achieved A*- B
- 93.8% achieved A*- C
2020 GCSE Results
Out of 102 GCSE students in total:
- 25.4% achieved 9
- 43.4% achieved 9 – 8
- 68% achieved 9 – 7
- 84.3% achieved 9 – 6
2019 A Level Results
- 67.2% A* to B grades
- 99.6% A* to E grades
- 86% of all grades were A* to C
- The percentage of A* grades was the highest in the last 4 years, and double that of last year
- Nearly 40% of pupils secured the equivalent of 3 A grades
- Art, Drama and Latin all achieved 100% A*/B results, with Latin and Drama achieving 100% A*/A results
- English Literature and German achieved 83% A*/B results, with Spanish achieving 82% A*/B, and History achieving 80% A*/B results
A Level 2019 Case Studies are available here.
2019 GCSE Results
- 22% of pupils had a 9 (A**) as their most common grade. Over half of the year group scored at least one grade 9
- 58% of all grades were awarded at 9-7 (A**-A)
- 100% of pupils received grades 9-4 (A**-C) in English, Maths, Science, French, Art, Design, Drama, Geography, Latin and Music
- Three pupils gained straight 9 (A**) grades, and three further pupils were within a grade of this
- The 9-4 (A**-C) pass rate was well over 98%
GCSE 2019 Case Studies are available here.
Woodbridge is one of 68 leading independent schools who do not submit results to league tables. There are many reasons for this:
- League tables encourage the deselection of young people at key points in their education. Woodbridge believes in opportunity for all.
- League tables award the same points for all subjects. Mathematics, the sciences, modern foreign languages, which many of our candidates study, are up to two grades more difficult than media studies, health and social science.
- League tables encourage schools to force feed pupils an unnecessary number of A levels to boost a school’s points score. There are very few university courses that ask for four A levels, and none that count general studies.
3-year Cumulative Examination Results by Subject
Details of all results are available on request.